In the video below, Peekskill resident Tammy Gordineer, who lives near the intersection of Washington Street and Hudson Avenue, recounts how the deadly May 27 accident on Hudson Street unfolded.
Gordineer witnessed the sequence of events, from when the State Trooper made the traffic stop on Hudson to when a speeding vehicle slammed into the parked white car near the Trooper and caused the death of 69-year old Zoila Zhingri.
Gordineer says that she gave an account of what happened to both Peekskill police and state police the night of the accident.
• Update on condition of family members injured in fatal Hudson Avenue crash
• Driver in fatal Hudson Avenue crash: ‘I cry every night’
• Hudson Avenue accident: State police address conducting traffic stops in City of Peekskill
• Peekskill police release statement on Saturday’s fatal accident that killed Zhoila Zhingri
• With 3 year old in critical condition, mayor orders investigation of deadly Peekskill intersection
• One dead, three hospitalized after horrific accident Saturday in Peekskill